The Jewellers Vulnerable Persons Policy
At The Jewellers, we are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all our customers, including vulnerable persons. We recognise that some individuals may be more susceptible to certain risks and may require special attention, care, and protection. This Vulnerable Persons Policy outlines our commitment to safeguarding the well-being and interests of vulnerable persons who engage with our products and services.
- Definition of Vulnerable Persons
Vulnerable persons refer to individuals who may be at risk of harm, exploitation, or undue influence due to various factors, including but not limited to:
- Age-related vulnerabilities (e.g., children or the elderly).
- Physical or mental disabilities.
- Health conditions that impair decision-making.
- Cognitive impairments or learning difficulties.
- Language barriers.
- Socioeconomic disadvantage.
- Our Commitment
- Non-Discrimination: We are committed to treating all customers, including vulnerable persons, with dignity, respect, and fairness. We will not discriminate against any individual based on their vulnerability.
- Accessibility: We will strive to ensure our products and services are accessible to all, including those with disabilities. We will make reasonable accommodations to assist vulnerable persons in accessing our offerings.
- Training and Awareness: Our team members will receive training to recognise signs of vulnerability and to respond appropriately. They will be educated about the importance of safeguarding vulnerable persons.
- Identification of Vulnerable Persons
- Disclosure: If a customer or their caregiver discloses that they are a vulnerable person, we will take this information seriously and handle it with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Observation: We will be attentive to signs of vulnerability, which may include apparent distress, confusion, or difficulty in understanding information.
- Request for Assistance: If a customer requests assistance due to their vulnerability, we will provide support as needed, ensuring their comfort and safety.
- Clear Information: We will provide information in clear and accessible formats to accommodate the needs of vulnerable persons.
- Consent: We will seek informed and voluntary consent from vulnerable persons before providing any products or services. We will take additional steps, as necessary, to ensure their understanding.
- Reporting and Response
- Reporting Concerns: Any concerns about the well-being or safety of vulnerable persons must be reported promptly to the designated person(s) within our organisation.
- Response: We will take appropriate steps to address concerns, which may include involving relevant authorities and organisations, such as social services or healthcare professionals.
We will treat all information related to vulnerable persons with strict confidentiality, sharing it only with individuals involved in their support and protection.
- Review and Revision
This Vulnerable Persons Policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure its effectiveness and alignment with our commitment to safeguarding vulnerable persons.
- Contact Information
For inquiries or concerns related to this policy, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Contact Form on our Website: https://www.thejewellers.com/contacts
Phone: 0121 634 8088
Post: FAO The Jewellers, JQB, Floor 16, Centre City Tower, 7 Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4UA
We appreciate your trust in The Jewellers, and we are dedicated to upholding the rights and well-being of all our customers, especially those who may be vulnerable.